Experience The Flint Hills
Join us for a fun and relaxing guided bus tour of the Flint Hills and see why the last stand of the Tallgrass Prairie is a Kansas treasure.
- Departs From: The Grand Central Hotel in Cottonwood Falls
- Depart Time: 10:30 am
- Return Time: approximately 5:00 pm
Scheduled for :
- Visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and enjoy a Ranger guided bus ride. Upon availability. If unavailable other activities at the preserve will be offered.
- Drive to Strong City for lunch at the acclaimed Ad Astra restaurant. Lunch is included except for any alcoholic beverages.
- Return to Cottonwood Falls for a guided tour of the famous Chase County courthouse. The oldest operating courthouse in the state of Kansas.
- Enjoy spare time for perusing the many downtown shops on Broadway in Cottonwood Falls
- Return to the bus for an interpretive scenic drive of the Flint Hills before heading back to Cottonwood Falls.
Interested in booking a custom tour like this exclusively for your friends, family, or co-workers? Email us at [email protected] to check available dates.
Submit your review
What an amazing experience to tour and travel through the Flint Hills. Seeing these landmarks as you drive past them is one thing but to be able to walk through the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, the historical buildings, the Chase County Courthouse, and the scenic drive is a completely different and worthwhile experience. What makes the the tour even more remarkable is the passion and wealth of knowledge that comes with each story. The six-hour tour goes way too fast and you'll leave only wanting to take in more. For the $60.00 price tag with lunch included in a tremendous bargain for the amazing experience Casey provides. A five-star rating even seems to weak to provide but he earns it with this experience! Looking forward to scheduling another tour in the future.
Our first trip with Casey and it won't be our last. Wonderful day on a guided tour of the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve. Lunch at Ad Astra was delicious, tour of the Chase County Courthouse and bus trip exploring back roads of the Flint Hills. Casey should be the official ambassador for Chase County. He is knowledgeable and passionate about his love for the Flint Hills. Can't wait to return and see how the landscape changes the end of summer.